Saturday, January 8, 2011

GYC Prayers conclusion

Happy Sabbath! This is a little late in coming, but I have been in bed all week with the flu. I'm finally getting strength back now. But God is good!

I just wanted to say a big thank you from me and on behalf of all those whose lives were touch by the prayers offer before and during GYC. I was personally greatly blessed! There were around 20 of us praying and fasting together that I know of. The results were very visible. The Spirit of God was present in a special way, I believe, at this years conference. The outreach on Sabbath afternoon was amazing! Filling 72 busses and about 60 of us going out on foot around the convention center. I was really looking forward to being able to do outreach this year since I've had to miss it in the past. I was a little disappointed when I couldnt go on a bus, because talking to people on the street is intimidating for me. But I prayed for strength and went out by faith. God is so good! Though we did talk to a few people on the streets our section was mostly town houses so I got to knock on doors and make friends with people in the homes (my favorite thing :). I had a wonderful outreach partner (thank you, Erica, for your faithful prayers and timely offer to our Bible study contact)! We even got Greek cookies as a bonus. ;) But the biggest blessing was when we reassembled for the evening and heard the results of our labors. Thousands of doors knocked on, hundreds of people prayed with, and over 1500 requests for Bible studies! Praise the Lord! That is answers to our prayers, friends! Thank you for joining me!

If you were not able to attend GYC and couldn't watch it online you can go to www.gycweb.org and within a few weeks they should have all the meetings available for audio download. I would love to hear testimonies of how you were blessed by the prayer group or GYC! please share!

Next year is Huston, TX! See you there! Until then stay faithful and let us not cease our prayers!

1 comment:

  1. It was a powerful experience to sit in our living room, watching the computer screen, and feel the Holy Spirit move, thousands of miles away from the convention center. God is good, and I gained a greater outlook on my mission, and how I should do it.

    ReplyDelete

blessed? your thoughts?