Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Rescue"

Oh dear God, please rescue me,
From my sin and misery.

I am wretched, poor and blind. (Rev 3:17)
Righteousness, there's none of mine. (Is 64:6)

Come and take this stony heart, (Ez 36:26)
Remove it, God, break every part. (Mat 21:42, 44)

Please break down the high stone walls.
Please don't stop until they fall.

Pride and anger, lazy bones.
Please remove them from their thrones.

Make a change, oh God, within,
Till I'm free from every sin.(Is 1:18)

So tired, ready to give up.
But I must hold on, I cannot stop. (Gal 6:9)

My only hope, God, rests in Thee. (Ps 62:5)
You promised You'd come rescue me. (Ps 119:170)

Worn out, battered, week and bruised,
Behind me, the devil still pursues.

The world is cold, no place to hide,
No one in whom I can confide.

But then I see you run towards me (Ps 38:22)
I crumble helpless to my knees.

And just as he with hellish breath,
Closes in to bring me death, (1 Pet 5:8)

You step between and take the blow.
A standard raised o’re me does flow. (Is 59:19)

“Touch her not, for she is Mine.
Her name engraved on my hands you’ll find. (Is 49:16)

She may have many  faults of character,
A failure be in her endeavors.

But she with sorrow has repented,
I have forgiven and her accepted.” (John 6:37) {PK 589.1}

I run to You and there I'm safe.
A strong defense, a resting place. (Ps 59:16, 17)


A Rock where safely I can hide. (Ps 61:3)
A place no enemy can find. (Ps 31:2)

Your voice I hear, I know it's true.
"I love you, child, I've rescued you."

Oh what love! How wide, how deep?
With tears, a flood of praise I weep.

Safe within your arms, I’m free.
You are my Prince, You’ve rescued me.

{commenced 12/18/08 | completed 1/26/10} 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blessed? your thoughts?