Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Fly on My wings"


God Whose hand a galaxy sways,
Bend Your ear now as I pray.

Though in me no good is found,
I touch my face to holy ground.

Within this universe so big,
How did You hear the tiny twig,

That cracked beneath my plodding feet,
As my way I made to this retreat?

Now to my knees I trembling fall.
The sky engulfs my silent call.

Why Your attention's drawn to me,
I'll never know, I cannot conceive.

Though a host of demons try
With doubts and fears to mute my cry,

Somehow my heart believes You're there,
Though why, I see not, You want to care.

Oh God, why me, this wretched child?
For I Your plan now have defiled.

For one so wretched as I am,
You should have struck out of Your plan.

 Though You knew no one would care,
And they, Your justice, think was fair.

Yet still with love and gentle hand,
As though n'one else in line doth stand,

You shape and mold the broken heart
Into a yet more wondrous work of art.

As though the authentic score this is,
The song plays on, no beat is missed.

My selfish strokes, my discordant notes,
With unrivaled skill into chords You wrote.

But as the measures die away,
I hear the melody I played.

My faults are not without reward,
For He is pierced with my discord.

And when the justice blow is fallen, 
The universe is silent, solemn.

For it was Love You chose to give.
Sent Him to die and let me live.

So now upon the Rock I'm broken.
Naught of my love is left a token.

I long to rise above the flesh,
To breathe in deeply Love's air a fresh.

With my tears the ground is moist.
Your way now I want to be my choice.

But I have no strength, I'm scared to try.
You whisper, "On My wings you'll fly."


-Jenae Elizabeth 1/2010

2 comments:

  1. Our God is like no other... As the heavens are higher than the earth... so are His ways above our ways... How else could He make such a sacrifice? He's promised to give us everything we need for our journey... All we have to do is follow... in His footprints...

    Thanks for inspiring us... Did you write that?

    ReplyDelete

blessed? your thoughts?