Sunday, January 10, 2010

YADAH...

I was researching Hebrew words for praise recently and came across this one...Yadah. It means to worship with the extended hand. The giving of oneself in worship and adoration. To lift your hands unto the Lord. It carries the meaning of absolute surrender as a young child does to a parent - "pick me up, I'm all yours".

That picture struck me. I have three little nieces, and I spent the last 4 months nannying the younger two (Rome 3.5yrs, and Eve 1.5yr). Eve came up to me many times with her hands stretched up asking me to hold her. I love holding her! most of the time. :) Sometimes I am busy and would rather they go play somewhere else other than under my feet. I am glad my God doesn't think this way. He always has time to hold me...to hear my praise. He desires that I become as a little child, reaching up my hands and saying, "Take me. I'm all yours." Often I have said this, but then, like little Eve, when the arms begin to feel restrictive, when I see something I'd rather be doing and I'm ready to go do my own thing, I wiggle and squirm and ask to be let go. God never keeps me where I choose not to be, but I am slow to learn that I am only safe when I am in His arms. Oh may I learn to rest quietly in His arms. May my praise be Yadah!

1 comment:

blessed? your thoughts?