Written November 23, 2013
Evil said "I will steal the summer and bring cold winds whipping through. And pierce them with winters, icy blasts."
But Love said "But I will give them fire. And as they draw close to it, it warming them through, I will remind them that in me they will find warmth against the icy blasts of the world."
Evil said "I will strip the trees bare and leave their ugly skeletons."
But Love said "But before they give up their green life I will turn them colors of the rainbow to cheer the hearts of earth. And it will remind them that there is beauty even in death. And to let Love show His colors in you to your last breath, is to live and to bless the lives of others."
Evil said "I will send ice and snow to stay their way and chill them to the bone."
But Love said "I will make the billion snowflakes each unique. As unique as every child I've fashioned that they may know their preciousness to me. And I will set a million diamonds sparkling across the frozen scape to dazzle their eyes. And it will show them that even when all seems cold and lifeless I will set diamonds in them that will shine with my beauty."
Evil said, "I will lengthen the shadows and drag the dark winter night on and on."
But Love said, "I will make the moon to shine with breathtaking beauty across the blanketed land. As they look up in the crisp air through silhouetted branches to stellar sky above and all the stars twinkling brighter, I will remind my children it is often in their darkest night when my beauty shines brightest. And there is no night so long that it is not broken with morning."
Evil said, "I will bring dark clouds, gray and gloom."
But Love said, "And if in the long night dark clouds block their view, I will remind them the stars still shine behind the clouds. And they will shine again. I will shine again. For I am Love. Stronger than death."
Love had the last word.
Love wins!
ReplyDelete