I am so loved.
I am so unworthy of this love.
Yet He loves me still.
I am not loved because I deserve it, but because He deserves to have what He shed His own blood to purchase and redeem. I am ransomed with the most precious of currency. The villain set the ransom as high as he could see. He had the opportunity to name his price for the souls of the Kings treasure, and he set his sights on the life of the Life Giver. Did he reckon that I would not be considered worth that infinite value? He reckoned wrong. For the Prince of the kings of the earth stepped forward and pledged to pay the ransom. Did he hope that in the attempt the Prince would fail and he would gain not only the life of the Prince but hold still the life of the treasure upon whom he could carry out his hellish plans? He hoped in vain. Though for a while he held Life in his death grip, through the darkest night when hope slept in cold stillness, his triumph was not to endure. For when the morning came, the Prince broke the chains and rose up from the bowels of the earth victor.
This world is filled with touching love stories. Grand tales of brave acts for treasured loves. But they are nothing. They do not begin to reach the height of the love of my Prince for me. I know me. I know the depths of this sinful heart. And He knows it even better. Yet He came after me anyway. And He does again and again. He calls me His treasure.
Treasure.
To think of myself as anything less...it would require pronouncing the one who fought to the death and poured out His very blood as payment for me, a liar. In the face of such love what can I say? I am speechless. I am broken. All I can do is let Him love me. And that is all He wants.
Let me love you. Let my love transform you. I see you not as you are, but as what my love can make you. You are mine. And I delight to call you such. I am not ashamed of you. You are my treasure. And I love you.
He calls me His own. And I may call Him mine. And He has gone, but He will return. His one desire, to have me with Him where He is. He counts the days. Days unknown. Anticipating the day. The day on which He will come to take me, His treasure...home.
Here He comes
Riding on a white horse
To pull me out from the midst of my enemy
My faithful one
Here He comes
To vanquish His enemies
Fighting with a fierce love
A love stronger than death
My true one
Soft in the stillness of night
Gentle and quiet
His voice assured me again
Child I’m not finished yet
Let your heart rest
I won’t let you slip through my fingers
He holds me
Oh He holds me so closely
I am His
And by His grace He is mine
No power can loosen His grip on me
I’m so tightly held by His mighty love
Here He comes
Riding on a white horse
To pull me out from the midst of my enemy
My faithful one
Here He comes
To vanquish His enemies
Fighting with a fierce love
A love stronger than death
My true one
*Here He Comes
By: Melissa Otto
Album: Blue Sky


I am so glad.. His love reaches even me.
ReplyDeleteAhh, Jenae...
ReplyDeleteThese words: "He counts the days." Yes!.. And Lord willing, there are only a handful left.