Sunday, February 10, 2013

Red Sea

They had cried. He had heard. The Cloud shields them as they make their escape. Moses hand's raise and the water rushes back. Through a miraculous path they flee as children through a secret passage. Hearts slowing with at least a bit of relief. Ah, they see what He's doing now. He is mighty after all. The last one crosses safe.



But horror grips them with multiplied fear as they see the Mighty One seems to have left the secret door a jar. Their enemy is charging at them once again...on the very same miraculous path! Why? How could He? What is He thinking?

Sometimes it seems God opens a way of escape just to let the enemy pursue me on that same path. What is He thinking?

Much greater things than I had imagined.



Sometimes instead of sending a defeated army home...He just decides to drown them.




I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: 
the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 
The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation:
He is my God...

The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; 
my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.

Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. 
For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, 
and the Lord brought again the waters of the sea upon them; 
but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

Who is like unto thee, O Lord , among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation. 
Fear and dread shall fall upon [the enemy]; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O Lord, 
till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.



(Exodus 15:1, 2, 9-11, 13, 16, 19 KJV)

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you have no idea how much I needed to read this right now. God is so good.. I think I need to learn to trust Him more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't. I knew how much I needed it. Somehow in sharing we find healing. A good friend has often reminded me of that. Pfy.

      Delete
    2. Hm that is so true - thanks Jenae, pfy also..

      Delete
  2. Mmm. Know what? Jesus made you a blessing today.

    "Sometimes instead of sending a defeated army home...He just decides to drown them."

    Wow. I love that thought.

    Thanks, Jenae. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sometimes it seems God opens a way of escape just to let the enemy pursue me on that same path."

    Oh sister. This story describes my day. Exactly. He allows a test. I fail. Just like the Israelite's when they got to the shore and didn't see a way across. It seems the test is over and He won. (Despite my murmuring) And that's when I see it. The test continues with the enemy in full pursuit. Will I trust this time and watch Him drown the enemy or will I keep murmuring. I want to trust in the God that has the power to drown the enemy. Thank you ever so much for this timely reminder. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

blessed? your thoughts?