Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thoughts on Love

Love. 

It fascinates me. A small word with many varied and often conflicting definitions. A word so distorted in our world. 

Yet it is still the word that my God chooses to describe the very essence of Himself. And He is as misunderstood as the word itself.

Love has been a big part of my life. His power over me has been something I only understood with the passing of time. But He has convinced me. He said His love is the only thing that can change me. And He was right. And it is changing me.

How to explain all that I want to... It is too much. Some of it cannot be explained. A few of you will understand. It can only be experienced. And oh I pray you will let Love convince you too! Please?



But Love changing you is not enough for Him. Once Love has made His dwelling in our hearts He desires to flow out. And the mighty power of His love is channeled through our lives to work the same unbelievable changes in the world around us as happened in our own lives. Such a small thing love is. But it is greater than the greatest empire, stronger than the army man, and will win where all else has lost.

"...the excellence and value of pure love consist in its efficiency to do good, and to do nothing else than good. Love will gain the victory when argument and authority are powerless. It is diffusive in its nature, and quiet in its operation, yet strong, mighty, to overcome great evils. It is melting and transforming in its influence, and will take hold of the lives of the sinful and affect their hearts when every other means has proved unsuccessful."

And our merciful Father values it highly.

"Love works not for profit nor reward; yet God has ordained that great gain shall be the certain result of every labor of love. Whatsoever is done out of pure love, be it ever so little or contemptible in the sight of men, is wholly fruitful; for God regards more with how much love one worketh, than the amount he doeth."


"Love should be cherished and cultivated, for its influence is divine."



Let Him love

Let Him live




Quotes from Gospel Workers 311, 312


4 comments:

  1. Yes, JJ, yes...It's been exciting to see Him capture you with His Love...I pray that I will continue to let His Love enter my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love should be cherished and cultivated, for its influence is divine." --I experienced that divine influence as I read your words, Jenae. Thank you for letting Him live through you so beautifully...

    "love...will win where all else has lost." Amen, amen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara. :) I'm glad you were blessed. It wasn't coming out like I wanted, but I decided to post anyway. God has a way of taking our feeble words and tailoring them to hearts. Makes me love Him even more. :)

      Delete

blessed? your thoughts?