Sunday, July 3, 2011

His ear

This is something I wrote almost two years ago when nannnying two of my nieces...


“Mommy, I went down the slide! Look at me, Mommy, I went down the slide all by myself!” But Mommy didn’t hear. She was deep in conversation with her friend as they walked around the play ground. So the little girl ran off to a new adventure. A while later her mother was again passing by and the child called out, “Mommy, watch me.” Still her Mother did not recognize the voice of her child eager to display her new achievement. “Mommy!” she cried louder, but with no answer. Again and again she called without a response. I thought I saw a look of disappointment in her eyes, but as her mother was now too far away to hear she went back to her play.

As I sat there watching this scene unfold, the words of Isaiah 59:1 came to my mind. “Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.” I heard my Prince gently say to me, “My ear is always tuned to your voice. Even above all the din of a universe, when you call I will hear. I can hear the silent pleas of your heart. I know my child’s call.” I went home and began to look up all the places in the Bible where God hears, and I found a load of promises.

“The everlasting portals will open wide to the trembling touch of a little child.” COL 404

“I love the LORD because he hears and answers my prayers. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath!” Psalms 116:1, 2 NLT

“He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears.” Psalms 18:6

“I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain.” Psalms 3:4

He said, "I cried out to the LORD in my great trouble, and he answered me. I called to you from the world of the dead, and LORD, you heard me!” Jonah 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

blessed? your thoughts?