Thank you to everyone who is praying for the up coming GYC! You are making a difference! This week I'd like to focus on those who will receive an opprtunity to accept truth during the outreach at GYC. The outreach is one of my favorite parts of GYC. I love going door to door. But the outreach at GYC encompasses more than just the 3 hours on Sabbath afternoon.
It includes the convention center and hotel staff. They will pass us in the halls, see us waiting through long meal lines, and assist us. May we give a beautiful picture of Christ and represent well that noble Name we bare. I want to also pray that we will have opportunity to speak to them of what makes the difference in our lives. They facilitate many conventions, but may there be none they have seen like GYC.
On Sabbath there will be a few thousand people out on the streets talking to several thousand people and knocking on hundreds of doors. Many of the people they will meet have a distorted picture of God, no picture of Him at all, or are lulled to sleep in their "religion" by the enemy. I want to pray that the Holy Spirit will walk those streets right now to prepare the hearts of the people we will meet; that He will set up Divine appointments and give us discernment to meet them. Also, that he will give all those who will be leading the outreach special wisdom, as well as those who will be following up the leads received. And that the hearts of those who will be participating in outreach will be prepared to share His truth; that nothing would hinder their witness; that they will have his unconditional love in their hearts.
Prayer focus: The convention center staff, and Sabbath afternoon outreach (the leaders, participants, Bible workers, and the people in the homes and on the streets that will be met).
Promises to claim: Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours:... Deuteronomy 11:24
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Psalms 2:8
For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say. Luke 12:12
If he puts his trust in the Lord as he travels from place to place, angels of God will be round about him, giving him words to speak that will bring light and hope and courage to many souls.-- Testimonies, vol. 6, p. 314. (1900) {CM 111.3}
No sooner is the name of Jesus mentioned in love and tenderness than angels of God draw near, to soften and subdue the heart.--Manual for Canvassers, p. 37. (1902) {CM 111.4}
Those who are born again, who are willing to be guided by the Holy Spirit, doing in Christ's way that which they can do, those who will work as if they could see the heavenly universe watching them, will be accompanied and instructed by holy angels, who will go before them to the dwellings of the people, preparing the way for them. {CM 112.1}
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40
Praying for the angels to prepare the way before us and that we will be unashamed of the Gospel...
ReplyDeleteYou can also add prayers for those who we will meet while traveling. There is a reason they are crossing our path. I know I'm not leaving home without a large stack of GLOW (www.goglow.org). :)
Wonderful idea, Brittney! :) I just got a whole box of GLOWs. I love them! I will add the travelers to my prayers! I'm flying and I always look forward to seeing who is next to me.
ReplyDeleteI heard someone say that when you fly, you have a captive audience. There is no where for them to escape to! :)
ReplyDeleteWe're driving, so you'll be able to track us by the trail of GLOW we leave behind... ;)
Lol ;) I've done that. The first time we went to WAFCM I would leave a tract at every stop. Spread them like the leaves of autumn! I like the caribe audience to. Pray that I will have holy boldness too. I tend to be shy and passive. I'm so afraid of offending them or what they will think of me. I want to be unashamed and have discernment as well.
ReplyDeleteI'll pray for you to have boldness and I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same for me! We seem to have a similar personality... :) Here's a verse that a friend of mine is always reminding me of: "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets" (Luke 6:26).
ReplyDeleteOoo! mhm popularity isn't always a good thing.
ReplyDelete