Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Mexico...

My brother John and I leave for Chiapas, Mexico tomorrow morning. I haven't caught up from my summer adventures, but I'm trusting that God will supply the strength I need.

I'm really excited about this trip. Our first ever mission trip and first time out of the country as well. It promises to be an unforgettable experience. God has supplied above and beyond all our needs. Mom and I did shopping for the trip yesterday...getting VBS supplies, hard hats, safety glasses, and work gloves. Maranatha gave us a list of things we could bring for the people and children in Mexico...toothbrushes, toothpaste, little bars of soap, etc. So  I went into a Comfort Inn and told them I was going on a mission trip to Mexico and asked if they would like to donate a hand full of toiletries. They gave me a bag of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, toothbrushes & toothpaste, travel sewing kits, and deodorant. I'm going to take them a Thank You card. :)

Now to pack to day in a couple of hours so that we can leave for town in time to get a couple last minute things, see my nieces and nephew and get up to Omaha. Our flight leaves at 6:36am so we are going to stay in a Hotel just down the road from the airport since we have to be there at 4:30am.

Keep the trip, the Maranatha group, the church, and the people we will be meeting in your prayers. Thank you!!

3 comments:

  1. Dios te bendiga! Hope you have an amazing time in Mexico Jenae, you're in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you Jenae! I hope you have an amazing time. Also pls pray for me, I'm leaving the mission field I've been in for the past 18 months and flying back to the States tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

blessed? your thoughts?