What does not kill me makes me stronger.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
It kind of describes my summer. Days packed full of experiences that stretched and pulled me out of my comfort zone. Some made me think about whether I was serious about my commitment. I am. But I've seen a lot more of my self. I've seen a lot more of how much I need Him. But what does not kill me makes me stronger. And He promised that His strength is made perfect in weakness. I held onto that promise many numerous times this summer. Sometimes with the last quaking ounce of faith I had in me. If anything, this summer taught me I'm capable of more than I thought. But only if He is sustaining me. It's not easy. But it is incredibly fulfilling.
...Let the weak say, 'I am strong.'" Joel 3:10
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:9, 10
No comments:
Post a Comment
blessed? your thoughts?