Thursday, May 20, 2010

Walking west...

Gal 5:16,18, 22, 23 | This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ...if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. ...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Rom 8:1, 2, 4 | There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Thoughts:
My focus should be to walk after, follow, pursue the Spirit. For if I do that I will not be walking after, following, pursuing the flesh. Trying to chase down my sinful habits and weaknesses, to bring them under submission, will never bring me success. Only as I pursue Christ Jesus, forsaking my flesh entirely and walk after, follow, pursue the Spirit, will I be changed, not by my efforts, working, striving, but by natural consequence. Just as, if I am walking west, I can no longer be walking east. Trying to chase east and make it go west will never work. Just go west, and east will be left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blessed? your thoughts?