I got up at 4:30am to get my things together to pack in the van that was coming to pick me up at 5:05am. It arrived at 5:20am. After a few more stops to pick up luggage and two more people, we hit the road at 6:00am for the eight hour drive to Clarksville, TN. (The programs were switched around at the last minute and I’m not going to Memphis now.) There are 17 in our group. The trip was uneventful accept for one stop to try to figure out why the van kept losing its get-up-and-go power. After its short rest it carried us along without a problem. Sunny skies and pleasant weather followed us for the length of the journey.
We arrived safely at about 1pm and unloaded. Getting settled took a little while. There are 8 of us girls in the mother’s room, but it’s warm and comfortable. We share one shower, but we have hot water.
Our leaders went out to buy food for lunch. That took a while as well so lunch was delayed until around 4pm, but it was yummy. Haystacks! Yea!!
The experienced ones went out after lunch to canvass, and the rest of us got training. Tomorrow we will shadow different people to get hand on training in the field. God is really blessing me with peace which I know is an answer to the many prayers! Thank you!
Lights-out is in 5 minutes so I must run. I’m very tired after a long day. Goodnight…zzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment
blessed? your thoughts?